It is just a few days into Lent for this year, and I have seen two very good post to help us to think about how we are to the people around us. A habit takes about 2 weeks to form and Lent lasts 40 days. What a great time to reassess the things we do in our lives and learn to restructure our purposeful charity to others and not just "give up" things in our lives to better ourselves, but maybe do things to honor others around us with our lives. So instead of making Lent a sacrificial time for ourselves, maybe we should learn to sacrafice part of ourselves for others and make things better for everyone....Some ideas to think about.
Borrowed from a very wise lady......
Fasts have a tendency to be oriented towards giving up things like food, drinks, snacks, movies, or television. But there are other creative ways to fast. And they may change your life in a positive way, if in 40 days they become a new way of life for you. Here are suggestions you may want to consider:
1. Fast from anger ...and hatred.
Give your family an extra dose of love each day.
2. Fast from judging others.
Before making any judgment's remember to recall how Jesus overlooks our failures.
3. Fast from discouragement.
Hold on to Jesus' promise that He has a perfect plan for your life.
4. Fast from complaining.
When you are about to complain about anything, close your eyes and remember the moments that Jesus gave you that brought so much joy into your life.
5. Fast from resentment and bitterness.
Work on forgiving those who may have hurt you.
6. Fast from spending too much money.
Try to reduce your spending by 10% and give the savings to help the poor.
7. Spend extra time for personal prayers.
Take the time to pray for everyone you know. Remember there is no such thing as too many prayers.
Things to consider trying to DO during Lent that will make a difference in your life and make an impact on the lives of other people; your loved ones, people you slightly know, people you work with and total strangers.
1. Random acts of kindness - pay for a strangers drink, pay the next cars toll on a toll road, pay part of the bill for the person behind you in a line.
2. Hold the door for someone entering a store when you are exiting or someone exiting as you are entering.
3. Take the time to call, e-mail, text someone just to ask how their day is going.
4. Send a card, note or letter to a friend who you have not been in touch with for some time and try to re-connect with them.
5. Remember just a simple smile or saying hello to someone may change their attitude for the day and they may even pass it on!
Wishing you Peace, Love, and Happiness during Lent.
Friday, February 24, 2012
Friday, February 10, 2012
The website for Cypress Lake Soap is finally up and running. We would love to know what you think! The link is CypressLakeSoap.com Come on in and find all your old favorites. Look for our new features and products.
|Soap of the Month|
One of our new purchasing options is a Soap of the Month. With this option we are offering a club subscription to try out a new soap. We are offering a 3, 6, or 12 month option.
We also have several new scents available and are planning many more over the coming months. We are really excited about all of our new changes and we hope you will enjoy them too.
|A new addition for this season|