Sunday, February 1, 2009

Homemade Chili or Taco mix

Have you read the ingredients on the back of the packets when you make chili and tacos? It is loaded with things that are just not necessary, not to mention that there are chemicals that can cause sensitivities in many people. Below is a recipe that I have developed over time to use instead of the convience packets.

Chili or Taco Mix

1 tablespoon Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons Oregeno
1 teaspoon Paprika
2 teaspoons Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
2 teaspoons Corn Starch(can be left out...I like slowcooking mine)
Salt and pepper to taste

Use this the same way you would use a packet for a pound of meat for tacos. I will use more for Chili, but I usually make a big pot. I will usually make a large batch and keep it in a jar to have on hand when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment