Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Sweet Sixteen



Happy Birthday to our sweet, sophisticated, dapper young man; he has always loved dressing up and feeling stylish. He got to spend a few days in New York this year. It was really funny to see how well he blended in while we were there. He and I had lots of new experiences together. Plane ride, Big City Life, The Subway, Big Buildings, Bright Lights...The city that truly never sleeps. I think Nathan could truly fit in among the local population there.
He became very good at navigation and direction pretty quickly...I think he liked telling me where to go. It was a wonderful experience being able to spend time with my soon to be adult young man. Being able to spend time with just him, watching the young man he has become has been a real treat. I think he has partly gotten lost in our family life and truly needs more room to spread his wings...we will be working on that some this year. I now see he is getting really close to wanting to jump out of the nest and begin his own adventures. So here's to the future and to new adventures that await. Letting go is the hardest thing in the world to do...but seeing the potential to watch him soar is worth all of the heartache that comes along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment