Thursday, June 8, 2017

Low Carb Life: Progress Update

Low Carb Update:

To be honest, I am not positive what my actual weight change is as of yet. I do not and will not own a scale. I measure the progress I have been making by the clothes that I'm wearing. So here is a breakdown before I forget to document it.

End of March:
Told I had Diabetes began changing diet wearing a size 18 pants

End of April:
Appointment with an internal medicine doctor. Discussed options and he gave me 3 months to start diet and turn things around to keep off of medication. At this point I had lost about 5 lbs. size 18 was getting looser.

May:
 Diet is still going well. By mid May size 18 is officially gone. End of May size 16 was replaced with size 14.

June:
 Size 14 is getting loose. Yesterday June 6th I comfortably put on a pair of size 12 jeans.
So as of right now my end of June goal is to be near a size 10 pants.

This has been accomplished so far with minimal exercise because of time conflicts. I am really hoping to add consistent weekly exercise over the next couple of weeks to boost weight loss and build muscle.

August 10th: My ending goal is to be as near to the goal that the doctor see for me which was 30 lbs, lowering my A1c to a normal range which is under 5 and lower my cholesterol to a normal range(it was edging up to an unhealthy number).

Even though I do not know actual number progress I am very happy with what has been accomplished so far.

One of my favorite parts of the process is that hopefully we are instilling better habits for our kids because they have genetic history of diabetes from both my side and Matt's side.

No comments:

Post a Comment