Monday, September 15, 2014

Eggs in a Hole

Eggs in a hole is one of my favorite breakfasts to make, you get toast and eggs at the same time...I don't do it as often as I like, but when I do the kids eat it up. It is easy, cute, and fun and really really good; very similar to the idea of the bell pepper slices with the egg in the center.
You cut out the middle of the bread, put the bread on the skillet making sure that it has contact with the pan so the egg doesn't escape, and break an egg into the center of the hole.
Cook until the egg begins to turn white and flip over to cook on the other side.
 This breakfast is so well liked that a whole loaf of bread, and twenty eggs were used the morning we made this. I can not tell you how happy I am to have chickens that give us fresh delicious eggs daily.

Try it out with your family, you could get creative and use shaped cookie cutters, add the cut bell pepper rings for extra color, or maybe even try using scrambled eggs and add toppings to turn it into a toast omelette.

No comments:

Post a Comment